- To Remember our shared 90,000 year experience as Hunters and Gatherers
- To Encounter other living beings: trees, birds, waters, plants, people
- To Experience the not-work, not-sports, not-chores model of spending time
- To Enjoy NOVELTY, exuberance, Discovery, Surprise, finding the unexpected
- To Get in The Zone, Drug-Free ASC
We are using natural materials as a portal into a pre-conscious state of mind where we then "say" something. As yoga teacher, Patty, puts it: "Express and Release" and friend Judd, the fishing guide, puts it: "Catch and Release".
We are not making "art" but looking to catch and express and release something. We are looking for materials from the natural world to help us say something about the interior world, something about the very current state of nature and your human nature:
NaturePlay is like being in a pool. This is not a lap pool, or an Olympic pool; Actually, it's a swamp. It requires patience with your self, with all your voices. It may require a accidental or coincidental contact with someone, some place, some thing... that scratches you into a new awareness... We are looking for portals that are never in the same place. Alertness is your ally.
WHEN? Play every day!
Just a walk allows you practice being alert, Curious, Mindful... the Hunter! not the Warrior
There’s not a set agenda. It’s about discovery, accident, coincidence. There are several areas for activity: Three particular ones: