how nature works and the way people think. Gregory Bateson
NY Woodlanders Gathering
2013 New York Gathering
August 22-25 at Warwick Center Campgrounds
- Big Swap of Materials, Books and Tools you bring
- Two Tents of Materials/Tools/Work Areas for Woodlander Demos, Everlasting Play, Healing and what develops.
- Community-building through fire, water, earth, making things, talking, eating together.
- Stick Man Always Returns and Burns, how comforting
- Adam Hamer is again running the on-site Community Kitchen.
Contact Dan for activities you want to lead or share
Everyone can have time to show/share their work/play
Pay what you can: You must pay something
Suggested $50/day. $10/hr part-time
Camping fees ($30/night) and Food are extra more
an atmosphere where people can relax and find the time for hands-on exploration and knowing of the natural world, and develop artful thinking. more
What aren't Woodlanders Gatherings? ... NOT a school or even a set of craft workshops. Oh yes, lots of making and some instruction happens, but the event began as a form of community-building. more
What happens? ... Tents and Tables of Art and Nature Experiences with tools & materials available all weekend-- with guidance. It often RAINS... in 2010, it rained all day Sunday.
LINKS to Woodlanderly Places:
Sound in the Forest Bamboo Artists